Thursday, September 12, 2013

About Me


My name is Steven Hunt and I’m 21 years old. I enjoy playing and watching sports. I wrestled for most of my life and would like to coach a High School team someday. I’m a youth development major at Rhode Island College and this is my fifth year at RIC. When I graduate I would love to work with youth in a sports setting. I believe sports teach many valuable life skills and being a part of a sports team is something to be proud of.  I have had experience working with youth in a sports setting doing some coaching at my old school. This is something I really enjoy I feel like sports can bring everyone on the same level and it makes it much easier to connect with one another. I chose youth development because I have always felt like kids really like me and I enjoy working with them as well. I was previously an elementary ed. major, but switched to youth development last year. The reason I switched is because I felt that there was to many restrictions and rules that went along with teaching. Teaching today isn’t about the kids or the teacher its about test scores. I like to do my own thing and bring my own unique thoughts and teaching styles to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment